There are many places a person can go to get a temporary Minecraft server — but in subscribing to a server your often face the following:
- A companies limited hours of support/access
- Limitations to which mods and server configurations available
- Shared server resources (often, you’re just subscribing to a virtual machine not a TRUE dedicated server!)
- Difficulty with access to IP due to NAT, as well as limited/restricted port options
- Throttled bandwidth for client connections
By using MacStadium to host your Mac Mini you gain the following options:
- Dedicated Servers starting at $50/month with no contracts!
- 24/7/365 access to your Minecraft servers for tweaks/adjustments/etc
- Absolutely NO limits and restrictions to the mods/server configs you desire to run
- Public IP address and no port blocking
- Full 100mb/s access to the internet with NO throttling
- A 100% dedicated server of your very own to host AS MANY Minecraft servers as you please
- The option to even share with your friends/customers a private/dedicated Minecraft server off your machine
- The ability to use your Mac Mini as a Minecraft server, web server, FTP, voice chat, remote database(s) and a seemingly endless list of other applications!
- Excellent customer support (24/7 available!) from the MacStadium support team via our unique ticketing system and Live Chat opportunities
Installing a Minecraft server on a Mac is slightly more involved than on a Windows machine as there is no available executable installer. However, the process is very simple when following our step-by-step guided video below!
Watch our step-by-step walk-through on installing and configuring your Minecraft server on your Remote MacStadium Mac Mini!