The Mac Hosting Authority
MacStadium is the leading managed Mac hosting solution in the world offering individuals and organizations of all sizes to colocate and rent dedicated, remote Mac computers and deploy Mac private cloud environments hosted in data centers around the world. We’re an experienced, driven team of technology enthusiasts striving to provide the best Mac hosting experience to all users.
A brief history of MacStadium
In early 2012, MacStadium was incubated inside a traditional managed data center company in Atlanta, Georgia, to address a largely underserved market focusing on Apple Mac servers and infrastructure.
MacStadium quickly gained a national following in the Mac hosting niche market with several large companies joining in and building large, successful businesses on top of our managed Mac solutions. Individuals and Mac hobbyists also found the managed offering to be a perfect complement to their personal Mac mini servers by hosting in a data center environment on the East Coast of the US.
MacStadium’s rapid growth was made possible by implementing key design philosophies that led to multiple U.S. patents being issued for its innovative and densely configured rack solutions specifically for the Mac mini computer. MacStadium is proud to say that it can host more Mac minis per square foot than any other data center in the world!
Shortly after Apple introduced the newly redesigned Mac Pro, MacStadium was already online with an innovative, patented data center rack design to efficiently host and scale centralized deployments of the new Mac Pro in a secure data center environment. The powerful Mac Pro solution offered by MacStadium was the perfect platform for MacStadium to introduce the world’s first VMware-powered Mac hosting solution with Mac Pro private clouds. Thousands of software developers worldwide take advantage every day of VMware on a cluster of dedicated Mac computers at MacStadium to host virtual desktops, unique SaaS applications, or scalable continuous integration build servers for iOS and macOS app development.
Since securing its first round of external capital funding in late 2014, MacStadium continues to grow geographically by ramping up the delivery of Mac-centric Infrastructure-as-a-Service offerings both in the U.S. and abroad including:
- Late 2015 – MacStadium launches its first fully-capable international data center in Dublin, Ireland serving all of the EMEA region.
- Early 2016 – MacStadium secures two new multi-million dollars funding deals with top leasing companies and Silicon Valley Bank to fuel its rapid growth in servers and infrastructure worldwide.
- Early 2016 – MacStadium enters the colocation services marketplace by acquiring Macminicolo, the largest colocation provider of Mac servers in the U.S. and the industry leader in promoting hosted Mac services in a commercial environment.
- Mid 2016 – MacStadium expands its U.S footprint into a new fully-equipped data center for Mac hosting in Las Vegas, Nevada. This new location reinforces MacStadium’s unique position as an enterprise class service provider, with full disaster recovery capabilities and low latency, serving its growing list of customers located in Silicon Valley, Western U.S., and Asia.
- Mid 2016 – MacStadium is named to the 2016 Inc. 5000 List of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies ranked No. 44 overall and the 4th fastest growing company in the Information Technology Services category.
“Our team needed to get a hosted server up and running on a tight schedule, and MacStadium was able to come through. The workflow was very easy, and going to the support page to find out about PTR DNS setup was simple. Thus far, we are very impressed with this service.”
“The services are great. The tech support is excellent! Everyone with whom I have worked has been responsive, informed, and polite. The service is very much appreciated.”
MacStadium in the Press
“If I’m an Apple developer, even at the corporate level, who needs to build apps on a budget, the ability to use MacStadium’s contract-less offering will let me prototype and build apps without the upfront investment”.
Press Release Archive
- MacStadium Offers Dedicated Mac® Private Clouds for iOS Build Infrastructure (Sept. 2016)
- MacStadium Named to the 35th Annual Inc. 5000 List of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies (Aug. 2016)
- MacStadium Awarded Two Patents for Custom Data Center Racks to Support its Apple Mac Infrastructure-as-a-Service Offerings (Jul. 2016)
- MacStadium to Sponsor and Participate at the 6th Annual Provider Forum on Data Centers and Cloud Services Infrastucture (East) in Washington, D.C., June 9-10. (Jun. 2016)
- MacStadium Secures New IaaS Credit Line from Silicon Valley Bank; Closes Strategic Acquisition of Macminicolo (Apr. 2016)
- Rabbit Continues Growth of Social Sync-Viewing Platform Powered by MacStadium Partnership (Sept. 2015)
- MacStadium Announces Sponsorship and Attendance of MacIT Conference (Jul. 2015)
- MacStadium Closes $1 Million in Series A Funding (Dec. 2014)
- MacStadium Announces First VMware Powered Mac-Centric Hosting and Cloud Service Offering for Enterprises (Nov. 2014)
- MacStadium Staged and Ready for Apple’s Yosemite & New Mac mini (Oct. 2014)