Direct Connect with AWS
Save costs on your data transfer expenses
through our private connection to AWS
Perfect for your Multi-cloud Development Platform
When you use a Direct Connect to AWS, your data transfer costs to Amazon decrease significantly. We have a number of high-transfer customers who would benefit from this decrease. Rather than each customer needing to line up the connection themselves and absorb the full pricing with Amazon, we’ve established a direct network connection between MacStadium’s Atlanta data center and the AWS US East (N. Virginia) Region and made it available to our customers as a premium option.
With Direct Connect, you may be able to decrease your data transfer cost with Amazon by up to 80%.
More Consistent Network Experience
Access all AWS services
Reduced Network Costs
Keep in Mind
As with all our hosting, your port with Amazon Direct Connect offers unlimited internet. However, Amazon will still charge your AWS account for transfer charges. The good news is that with Direct Connect, that charge is discounted, sometimes by up to 80% per GB transferred. See Amazon’s Direct Connect pricing page for more information.
About the Setup
- MacStadium connects with AWS Direct Connect at AWS US East via Equinix DC1 – DC6 & DC10, Ashburn, VA
- Traffic will terminate on a MacStadium-controlled Direct Connect facility.
- AWS will issue data transfer charges to your AWS account for that network traffic which traverses across the private-associated AWS VPG.
- At presentation, customers will be presented access to a dedicated Cisco ASA.
- We recommend establishing a Cisco IPSEC tunnel between the provided ASA and AWS VPG as secondary path across the Public Internet in the event there is an AWS Direct Connect-related quality-of-service event.
- Service requests and inquiries about network configuration specifics should be initiated with MacStadium Sales.
Any MacStadium customer with a dedicated firewall can take advantage of Direct Connect. A 1Gbps Direct Connect option is available to our customers for $2000 per month. If fully utilized, this port speed would allow monthly transfer of about 300TB async, or 600TB sync across the connection. Faster connections are available as well.
Let us know when you’re ready to look at Direct Connect options for your account.