Utilizing a hosted Mac at MacStadium to run Plex media server is a great solution! Plex organizes video, music and photos from personal media libraries and streams them to smart TVs, streaming boxes and mobile devices.
Plex is packed with many features designed to make your media experience easy and enjoyable. Plex is a media player system and software suite consisting of many player applications for user interfaces and an associated media server that organizes personal media stored on local devices.
- Make your media beautiful via its interface
- Keeps track of your Media
- Makes your Media available on most any device
- Automatically upload your photos
- Queue videos and music for continuous playback
- Connect to your big screen for cinema viewing
- Share your media with friends and family
- Making your media reachable even hen you are not
- Stream your media directly from your hosted Mac
- Access your favorite online content from streaming services
- Save it now and watch it later (DVR)
- Enjoy world class DLNA support
In this multi-part series, we walk you thru how to install, configure, and manage Plex media server on a hosted Mac mini here at MacStadium, and get it into full production at your home, and on the go!
Ready to get started? Head to Plex.tv/downloads to get started installing Plex Media Server and any apps for your devices.